Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Frustrations...

So I know it's not a big deal that I don't have all of my post-graduation plans in place yet. Okay, let's be real. Nothing has materialized yet. It's so frustrating because I have a very clear picture of what I want to do, but figuring out how to fund it is driving me a little crazy.

I am acknowledging right now that the fact that I have the time and opportunity to be this frustrated is a privilege, but nevertheless, it's still frustrating. I really am laying my trust in God, but I feel that I need to do my part too. As in apply for a number of opportunities. Not willy-nilly, but with very targeted goals. I have a pretty clear picture of what I want the next two years to look like. However trying to find funding for my ideas is as clear is mud. It seems impossible to find things that don't involve begging wealthy people and/or applying to every scholarship under the sun and tons of paperwork.

If anybody out there reads this by chance and has any suggestions for how I can fund graduate studies in Cape Town, South Africa you are more than welcome to leave a post. In fact I would be eternally grateful for any viable (and legal) suggestions.

I'm going to stay positive, and I apologize for the oft-mocked "rant blog," but sometimes it's so cathartic. You can stop reading now if you haven't already.

No comments: